Saturday, November 8, 2008

Yanko Design - Latest Posts

Yanko Design - Latest Posts

Link to Yanko Design

Moving Clock Makes Your Eyes Pop

Posted: 07 Nov 2008 05:32 PM CST

Let me tell you a story about the alarm clock. Today I slept right through mine. But not before I woke several times before the correct wake-time. And the alarm was soo far away, and on my cellphone/mobile. If I were able to see the time I had left, this might have been avoided!

The Mac Attack analogues my woes away.

Designer Mac Funamizu brings “Touch 'n' Know The Time”:

Reach the clock to find the triangles. If they're far apart, you have lots of time left to sleep, but if they're close, you'll have to get out of the bed pretty soon. - Inspired by the alien bomb count-down in the movie “Independence Day.”

The “ID4″ inspiration raises a question/point: why don’t bombs have tickers on them anymore? Don’t need em. If the clock was riding the [LED wave] and [became brighter when the time was near] -hey, sweet.

Plus, I don’t know that it’s been said before; these illustration skills are [hot]

Designer: Mac Funamizu

Tea Light Supernova in the Sky

Posted: 07 Nov 2008 10:17 AM CST

I always end up buying too many tea lights for Halloween pumpkins, but maybe this chandelier one-off from Daniel Becker can help put the extras to good use. Using ~140 tea light settings with low wattage bulbs replacing live flames, “Tee Licht” would make a sharp addition to any room. As a bonus, you could hook it up to a rope come New Year’s and use it for your own personal crystal ball drop.

Designer: Daniel Becker

No Tags

No comments: