Thursday, May 14, 2009

Yanko Design - Latest Posts

Yanko Design - Latest Posts

Link to Yanko Design

Blast From The Past Radio

Posted: 14 May 2009 02:50 AM PDT

Are you still gung-ho about the days gone by? Me Too! Come, let me take you down memory lane with this ultra modern Radio Set. It screams RETRO on the outside and features all the goodness of modern technology on the inside. Alhambra Wi-Fi Internet Radio is a wireless internet radio receiver that streams in music to every corner of your home. As the designer puts it, "In contrast to its modern lines, it brings back details from old tube radios from the past." I'm loving it!

Designer: Carlos Torres

No Tags

Lunch Box Tray Transformer

Posted: 14 May 2009 01:39 AM PDT

Who wouldn’t enjoy an elaborate lunch, but to cook and carry a feast to work or school is next to impossible. Alright, even if you cook the hearty meal, how will you carry it? Spills, space, boxes…oh such a pain! Fret not; the new superhero of lunch service is here. Sunch! The lunchbox that does a transformer stunt and converts into a tray with an array of dishes to feast from. Impromptu picnic during lunch hour at work? Sunch will take care of the lack of picnic tables in the vicinity. Just open it up and arrange the tray across your lap and enjoy your meal!

When each side of the outer box is opened, they flatten out to become a table. Ring shaped slots at the bottom of each dish, container and bottle ensure they don’t topple over the table.
Basically a very Stable Table!

Designer: Soo Kang Lee

No Tags

Dear Diary, I Love My Robot

Posted: 14 May 2009 12:00 AM PDT

Hi, I would have introduced myself, but I don't recollect my name. This here is Memo, my personal robot, and my only companion. I think I have kids, but I'm not so sure. People say I have Alzheimer and I really think they are loony! Let me tell you more about my friend Memo, at first I had reservations about his geometric form, I mean robos generally have an anthropomorphic shape. It took me time to warm up to his hard lines, but I can vouch for this friend of mine, he takes total care of me.

Some blurry faces come in once in awhile and set up tasks for him via the fingerprint-secure remote control. And this makes him plan my schedule for the day. He'll give me my medicines, plays games with me; we spend fun times together.

Those blurry faces come live on his projected screen and they converse with me sometimes, but I tend to ignore them. One time, I fell off my chair and couldn't get up; Memo swiftly swung into action and called up the emergency guys. Those kind folks were able to tend to me promptly thanks to Memo's agility and presence of mind….Presence of mind, now that's something that I don't have. They say I have Alzheimer…..Did I mention that I have kids….Do you know Memo is my friend?……..

Designer: Watinee Leewongjaroen 

No Tags

Wood Flat Seat

Posted: 13 May 2009 09:40 AM PDT

In the future, everything will be flat. Did you know? Everything will fold down into nothing. Also there will be no need for dust covers because we’ll have dust-repellant paper! But we’ll still need wood. And we can replenish our wood supply with trees. And we can replenish our flat stool supply with wood. Serdar Sişman’s made us a flat stool that’s made entirely of wood. Flat wood. Savvy?

The neat thing about this particular folding stool is that it can be folded down into a relatively flat bit of wood. It’s not thin as a piece of paper, but you can put your drinks on it. Then there’s the fact that you can make this particular stool out of a single tablet of wood, so says Serdar Sişman.

What we need now is rapid-prototyping machines that cut wood!

Designer: Serdar Sişman

No Tags

Office Singularity

Posted: 13 May 2009 09:14 AM PDT

So apparently there’s three different stages in the modern office work flow. I only thought there was one: Runnin’ Ragged! But lo! There’s three. And with this bit of furniture, the “Workflow,” you’ve got all three covered in one. The inverted cubicle. Workflow covers Social : standing up, meeting, Functional : preparing, organizing at the table, and Casual : summarizing relaxing, laptopping. One of these for the perfect office environment?

Whats better than standing, sitting, and lying down? I mean, what else do you need? The Workflow looks awfully pretty, too, doesn’t it? I wonder how it’d be transported though, as it’d be a giant!

The 3 stages included in the modern office work flow:
1. SOCIAL - INTERACTIVE: Meeting - Presenting - Socializing -
Teamworking: Standing up with the laptop on a high desk.
2. FUNCTIONAL - FOCUSED: Preparing - Producing: Sitting down on an
ergonomic chair with the laptop on a desk.
3. CASUAL - PRIVATE: Summarizing - On the phone - Taking notes -
Relaxing - Contemplating: Lying down with the laptop on your lap.

I’ll have a sepia and orange one plz. K thx.

Designer: o4i

No Tags

Quality Control On Air

Posted: 13 May 2009 08:11 AM PDT

Unless you work at Google or a similar office, ventilating your glass-chambered chubby-hole room can be a slightly tricky situation. This also could be the reason why I see a surge in designs that feature air quality indicators. LULA here is one such device that collects data and indicates the quality of air around your space. When hooked to the net, it deciphers the collected data to pinpoint the potential health side effects and suggests how to rectify the situation with behavioral modifications.

As an indicator it glows blue to suggest that the air quality is perfect-o and the un-healthy yellow tinge says it all.

What's cute is that the form, which has been inspired by our lungs: LUng LAmp; get it?

Designer: Justin Gargasz

No Tags

No comments: